Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TheTime Travelers Wife


The Time Travelers Wife.
by Audrey Neffengger
4/5
.
I started out confused with this book then quickly picked up the easy layout with the dates and times written out for me plainly by the author. I was swept up in the timeless love between Claire and Henry. Henry has a chrome anomaly which makes it possible for him to travel throughout time. He goes back in time to visit Claire, his future wife, starting at the age of six. Building on their friendship and visiting her during better times in the past when the present is more then he can bear. I enjoyed reading about their times together and then things started to slow down for me. I had the large print copy and the around page 400 of 630 pages I started taking my time wondering if this was going to keep rambling on. Sorry for being crude. But it picked up and turned itself around. I cried as Claire and Henry tried to overcome the challenges that were presented before for them in their present lives. Claire having six miscarriages because her children would time travel out of her body to Henry finally meeting his fate. I watched the Curious Case of Benjamen Button and this book reminded me a lot of the movie. It had the same kind of tragic love story. Always apart but forever together. I would recommend this book to a friend but there are several nudity and sexual undertones throughout the book that may make some feel a little uneasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails