Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Reading Program

Where do balloons go?
by Jamie Lee Curtis
5/5
.
Kyla and I recently took a trip to return books to a new used bookstore in town called ReReads. I found this cute hard back and she quickly fell in love with it. First of all I didn't know Jamie Lee Curtis did childrens books but apparently she has published about fifteen books. I loved the illustrations and we all wonder what happens to our balloons when they get away from at some point in our lives. I enjoyed reading it to her there on the spot and we read it again on home. This is more then a picture book and is a little longer for a two year old but it held her attention to the very end. She kept asking "where'd it go?"

When Sheep Sleep.
by Laura Numeroff
4/5
.
If you don't recognize the book, then you might the author. Laura has written the famous, If you give a mouse a cookie and other great classics. When all the sheep are asleep what do you count when you can't sleep? Horses, dogs, cows and much more. A cute book


The Bike Lesson
by The Berenstains
5/5
.
We just started reading the Berenstains books. They are pretty long for a 24month old but it still held Kylas attention and mine. It reminded me of something I would do trying to teach her how to ride a bike. Wanting to keep the fun going and the bike to myself, I would insist on giving lessons too despite how many times I fell in the bushes, forgot to use the breaks and sped down hills. This book was a lot of fun to read. I even laughed especially at the irony.


All Afloat on Noah's Boat
by Tony Mitten
4/5
.
We have heard the story when we were kids about Noah building his ark. This was a great way for me to share it with Kyla too. She loved the snakes the best and tried looking for them on every page as Noah loaded the animals two by two. But this book has a twist. When the animals get grumpy from being couped up on the ark, Noah suggests a talent show. The animals two by two take the stage and demonstrate there best talents and before they know it the are safely on the ground again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails