Thursday, August 6, 2009

Zen and the art of Vampires

Zen and the Art of Vampires
The Dark Ones Series #6
By Katie MacAlister
Fantasy/Romance
3/5

I walked into the library the other day and I saw this book in large print. I picked it up and briefly looked over it. Like most trips to the library I pick up a stack that looks interesting and then move on to filter through them when I get home.
So, I really didn't know what to expect when I started to read. After about fifty pages into the book I realized this was not my type of read. It was dry and more on the end of romantic fantasy and supernatural. Well, a little more explicit then I had anticipated. The book had three explicit intimate encounters. I finished the book though. I have to admit I skipped pages but to tell you the truth I felt like I didn't miss anything. The jest of the book:

Pia a near forty year old single woman decides to take a trip through Europe with a group of singles. She finds more then she bargains for when she accidentally picks up a book meant for someone else. A book mark that glows and turns into a crescent moon reveals the ghosts that surround her. She soon finds herself in the company of two dangerously good looking men. Kristoff and and Alec. After some playful banter???? She finds herself alone with Alec and in the morning he is gone. A dead woman lies in her bathroom with the bookmark around her wrist. She discovers the two men are really vampires. She is forced to marry and becomes the next Zorya.

I laughed through out the book. It was plain and I couldn't tell if it was serious or meant to be humorous. I don't see myself picking up anymore of this authors books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails